Universal Life Cyprus Ultra 50k
May 20th 2017 - 10. a.m.
Love racing? If the answer is yes, Universal Life has prepared something for you – Universal Life Cyprus Ultra 50k marathon race. Make sure you don’t miss the pre-race safety briefing on 19 May 2017 at 10am, MyMall Limassol. For your own safety and the safety of your crew it is essential that you attend.
Are you ready for D-day?
The race kicks off on 20 May, 8am sharp. Racers are expected for check in at Vasa Kellakiou community centre football field.
9am – time for a photo shoot and official race opening
10am- Ready, get set, go! 50km race with a cut-off time of 10 hours.
The race route expands over hilly mountain terrain with an overall elevation gain of about 1,400metres.
EXTREME HEAT WARNING:
Given that the race is scheduled for 20 May, when summer kicks in with its dry heat, please note that there is no shade along the race route and the estimated feel-like temperature is approximately 35C, typical for the hot season in Cyprus.
1) FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY – Make sure you have on you a fully charged mobile that you can use in case o emergency.
2) WARNING: You are totally on your own! No pacers and support crews along the race route are allowed!
3) This is a running race, although you are allowed to walk whenever you feel exhausted. You are not allowed to use hiking sticks at Cyprus Ultra.
4) FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY – If anyone is found by the official race crews to be in need of assistance anywhere along the race route, they will be immediately removed from the race and will not be allowed to rejoin.
The race entry fee includes:
1. NEW incentive for 2017: Super Size Ultra Marathon medal for the fittest of all the runners and finisher of the race (provided that he/she finishes within the cut off).
2. Race bib number
3. Cyprus Ultra T-shirt
4. Water and aid station food for the 10-hour race.