The official international Ultra Marathon of Cyprus - World's toughest 217 km (135 mile) trail race
May 20th 2017 - 10 am
If you’re looking for adrenaline and you are a fast and/or a professional runner, then the 217k (135 mile) Ultra Marathon Cyprus trail race is definitely an opportunity you DO NOT want to miss. Scheduled for 20 May, 2017, this is more than just a sporting event, being qualified as the world’s toughest race of its kind.
Make sure you don’t miss the pre race briefing on Friday, 19 May 2017, 10am, at MyMall Limassol. For your own safety as well as for the safety of your crew it is vital that you attend.
Saturday, 20 May 2017 is D-day. All racers are expected to check in at the registration desk and be at the start location of Vasa Kellakiou community centre football field at 8am sharp.
9am – official race opening and time for getting your race picture taken
10am – On your marks! This is a 217km race with a 46-hour cut-off time
This race route runs across hilly mountain terrain with a total elevation gain of 7,000 metres.
EXTREME HEAT WARNING:
May marks the beginning of summer in Cyprus, long-awaited for during the wet season and known for the drought it brings. The estimated feel-like temperature for May 20 is going to be around 35C. There is no shade along the route of Cyprus Ultra.
1) FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY - Make sure your mobile is fully charged and you have it on you before you start.
2) From the moment you hear the starting whistle till the very end of the race, you’re entirely on your own! Pacers and support crews along the route ARE NOT allowed at Cyprus Ultra.
3) Hiking sticks are not allowed at the race. While this is a running event, you are allowed to walk though whenever you feel exhausted.
4) FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY If anyone is found by the official race crews anywhere along the race route to be in need of assistance, they will be immediately removed from the race and will not be allowed to rejoin.
The race entry fee includes:
1. NEW incentive for 2017: Super Size Cyprus Ultra Marathon medal for the winners (only if you finish within cut off). The Cyprus Ultra 217k winners medal is really ‘precious’ and worth fighting for because of the two melee natural diamonds that decorate it (probably the world’s first, organisers say).
2. Race bib number
3. Water and aid station food for the 46-hour race.
4. Saturday, May 20 party the night away at the race location!