Cyprus Ultra Marathon 100 km (NEW RACE FOR 2017)
May 20th 2017 - 10. a.m.
Ready to run a 100k marathon? If yes, pre race safety briefing is scheduled for Friday, 19 May, 10am at MyMall Limassol. Save the date! Your own safety and the safety of your crew come first, so it’s crucially important that you attend.
Saturday, May 20 all runners are expected at start location of Vasa Kellakiou community centre football field at 8am sharp. First, make sure you check in at the registration desk.
9am – official race opening and photo shoot
10am – On your marks! The race starts. This is a 100k marathon race, with a 20-hour cut-off time.
The race route expands over hilly mountain terrain with a total elevation gain of 2,800 metres.
EXTREME HEAT WARNING:
Summer in Cyprus begins in May, bringing about the long-awaited warmth and dry weather during the rainy season. The estimated feel-like temperature for May 20 revolves around 35C. Make sure your outfit is 100% cotton and light colour, as there is no shade along the route.
1) FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY - Make sure your mobile is fully charged and you have it on you before you start.
2) WARNING: You’re entirely on your own! No pacers and support crews along the route are allowed at Cyprus Ultra.
3) Although this is a RUNNING race, you are allowed to walk when you grow tired. Hiking sticks are not allowed!
4) FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY: If the official race crews find you to be in need of assistance anywhere on the race route, you will be immediately removed from the race and will not be allowed to rejoin.
The race fee includes:
1. 2017 NEW incentive: Super Size Cyprus Ultra Marathon medal for the fittest athlete who will finish the race within cut off.
2. Race bib number
3. Water and aid station food for the 20-hour race.
4. Saturday, 20 May – Are you ready to party? Have fun all night long at the race location!